Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Tuna-steak meatballs

Tuna steak is a meat which I love, but I often struggle with what the best way of cooking it is.  This dish is inspired by a recipe for a tuna burger, however I had udon noodles and vegetables to eat, not a burger bun, so as ever I adapted.

The main problem which I came across with this was the meat balls were not as well bound together as I had hoped, but this would probably be overcome by chopping the fish more finely next time.



Ingredients
1 Tuna steak
2 tsp red thai curry paste
1 clove crushed garlic
2 spring onions

Udon noodles

1 tbsp sesame oil

Method
Finely chop the tuna steak and the spring onions and mix with the curry paste and crushed garlic.  Mould the mixture into five balls.

Heat the sesame oil in a pan and then add the meat balls and cook gently for 5 minutes or until cooked through.  Add the udon noodles to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment