Thursday, 29 August 2013

Stuffed trout for a simple and delicious weekday supper

Fish is one thing which I have never really learned how to cook.  Beyond baking it with some lemon and black pepper I have always been quite tame, timid one could say (which is not a word people usually associate with me!).  So, as a part of my attempt to broaden my pallet a bit I thought I would try stuffing a fish.  Now I know this is not exactly on the Heston Blumenthal scale of experimenting, but given how poor I have been in the past at cooking fish it felt like a big deal.  So, here, behold, a rather delicious courgette and aubergine stuffed trout.


Ingredients
1 Trout (minus head and tail but otherwise whole fish)
1 tsp Sage
1/3 Courgette
1/5 Aubergine
25g Breadcrumbs
1 Egg (this is a bit much for one but it is hard to half this ingredient!)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Pepper to taste.

Method
Chop the head and tail off the trout and ensure the fish has been gutted.

Whisk the egg and add the other ingredients.  Mix with your hands to form a paste.

Stuff the fish with the mixture and then wrap it in foil and bake for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment