Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Spiced yoghurt-marinaded chicken with cous-cous and salad

Yet another dish which has been made with slight adaptations from one I saw in Waitrose magazine.  This was mainly in how I cooked it, but I also omitted fennel seeds from the original recipe (mainly because I cannot stand them) and vegetable oil (I couldn't see the need).  For the rest of the spices I used slighly different quantities as in the recipe to give a different emphasis to suit my palette. I then added in spinach and lemon wedges to give the chicken a really citrusy taste.  Additionally, I used chicken breasts, not thighs and drumsticks as the meat is leaner (and I don't like skin...).

Ingredients

2 Chicken breasts
2 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Garlic puree
1 Lemon
1 Lime
200g Low fat greek yoghurt
1 handful Spinach leaves
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp chilli powder
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped.

Method
Mix the yoghurt with the ginger paste, garlic puree, dried spices and coriander leaves. Squeeze the juice of 1/4 of a lemon and 1/2 a lime in.

Rub the mixture over the chicken breasts and place in a baking tray.

Chop the rest of the lemon and lime into wedges and mix with the chicken. Top this with the spinach.

Leave for 4 hours to marinade (or overnight if possible).  Bake for 30-35 mins.

I served with seasoned cous cous (chili and coriander) and a salad which consisted of avocado, tomato and shredded beetroot.


No comments:

Post a Comment