Thursday, 22 August 2013

Moroccan-style roast vegetables

Inspired by my recent trip to Marrakech, I began to hunt out ways to make my veg more interesting. The need for variety was at the forefront of my mind, but I was in need of a way to cook, or dare I say it, flavour, some vegetables I am often more cautious about eating. I have always thought of roast vegetables as a fantastic means of incorporating more varied vegetbles into a healthy diet but the amount of oil some use to cook them in has put me off.

The fantastic thing about roasted vegetables is they make an easy and tasty side dish or mixed with some cous cous or pasta a healthy meal which will leave you feeling angelic and energised!

This recipe is based on one from Tesco online, but as ever given my healthy and hearty twist!


Ingredients
1/2 Aubergine
1 Courgette
1 Pepper
1/2 red onion
1 clove of garlic
1 Salad tomato
1 Lime
Mint leaves
3 tbsp Tomato Puree
1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chilli Powder
Black Pepper

Method
Chop the vegetables and place in roasting pan.

Mix the olive oil, tomato puree, cumin, chilli powder, black pepper and squeeze the juice from the lime into the mixture.

Smother the vegetables in the mixture and cut up the remainder of the lime into wedges, place this and the mint on top of the vegetables and roast at 200oC for 35 minutes.

Serves two as a main part of a meal or four as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment