Friday, 26 April 2013

Greekilian Salad

This is the first real 'guest recipe' which I will bring to Healthy and Hearty; a delicious and healthy meal, on this occasion dreamed up and made by my housemate.

My housemate is originally from Italy, and this year to mark her birthday she took us on a culinary tour of the Mediterranean which was simply splendid, however one dish stuck out for me in terms of its originality above all else.  I just loved the contrast of the feta cheese and the juicy orange topped with pepper.

Ingredients:
 The quantity here varies according to the size of salad you are making, whether it is for a side dish or a main meal so I have not calculated exact quantities or calories.

Layer one:
Rocket, Black Olives, Feta Cheese, Balsamic Vinegar, a drizzle of Olive Oil

Layer two:
Rocket, Oranges, Fresh Black Pepper, Olive Oil.

Often in Sardinia they add Sardines or a similar fish to the first layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment