Tuesday, 9 April 2013

#challenge 2013 - March

To (over)-compensate for being somewhat of a hermit in February, I began March as I meant to continue; with a delicious lunch at a local eatery on the 1st.  I nearly double-ordered a dish this month but managed to make enough amendments to ensure it was sufficiently different.

March was also significant for me as I have finally been able to road-run again, but I am sure there will be more musings about that later.

Here are my 'eating out' highlights of March

Lunch at Harts Boatyard, Surbiton

Harts is a lovely venue on the riverfront in Surbiton.  It attracts a customer base from miles around due to its varied menu (including a fixed price and vegetarian option all of which change seasonally), competitive prices and stunning views.

Here I ordered the Prawn and Scallop Panciotti.  Essentially giant stuffed Raviolli, the filling was slightly creamy but also tangy which contrasted fantastically with the Mediterranean-style tomato sauce.

A fantastic light lunch which didn't come with too much guilt.



Good Friday Lunch at Wahaca, Wardour Street
Jumping to the other end of March and Good Friday.  This always presents me with some issues as I prefer not to eat meat or drink wine on Good Friday as a sign of respect.  In hindsight, Mexican Street Food was probably not the best move to keep this up but we managed.  With a selection of Sweet Potato-stuffed tortillas, bean tostadas and winter vegetable tacos, we not only managed but came out probably more stuffed than one should be on Good Friday.

This was my first visit to any of London's 4 (I think) Wahaca restaurants but I shall certainly be returning. There was a great atmosphere, I very much like an open kitchen and to top it all off, you get chilli plant seeds when you pay your bill!  Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment