Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Fish, chips and mushy peas

This evening I needed a lazy, simple and healthy meal; it has been a busy period at work and my diet has not therefore been as disciplined as sometimes.

So, when my craving for comfort food came on this evening, instead of heading for the chippy, I got inventive with my staples and ended up with baked salmon caked in ginger paste (instead of batter) accompanied by a rather mean portion of my homemade chips and skinny mushy peas.

For the fish
Ingredients:

1 salmon fillet
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp butter
Ground pepper
Pinch garlic salt
Paprika

Method:
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.

Spread ginger paste over the top of the salmon, add butter on top and season with salt, pepper and paprika.

Cover the Salmon in tin foil and bake for 20 mins.

For the mushy peas
Ingredients:

50g frozen peas
10ml Skimmed milk (or almond milk for a creamier texture)
1/2 tsp butter
Mint

Method:
Slightly over cook the peas then strain them. Add milk, butter and milk then mash or blend with a hand blender.

For the chips, use the chunky chips recipe.
Calories per meal: 650



No comments:

Post a Comment