Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Naughty but Nutritious Brownies

I originally found this recipe on Pintrest, however being based in the UK I had to do some improvising and converting; ready-made applesauce isn't easily available or up my street so I have included the recipe for the homemade sauce.  Plus I cannot stand walnuts so having a can of raspberries randomly in my cupboard (I don't tend to eat tinned fruit so this really was random) I decided to put those in instead.  The original recipe can be found by clicking here.  My batch were a tad soggier than intended but I think this is because the applesauce was too runny and there is a chance in the conversion from cups to grams some of the proportions were out.  Still these were chocolatey, delicious and... nutritious!


    Ingredients (makes 20):
    1 portion homemade applesauce (recipe below)
    2 small or medium bananas mashed
    300g sugar
    250g Self Raising Flour
    1 Courgette
    2 tsp. vanilla extract
    60g Green and Blacks chocolate powder
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 small tin raspberries


Method:
Mash the banana and mix with the applesauce.

Grate the courgette and fold it in with the flour, sugar, chocolate powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.  Whisk until all mixed together then gently fold in the raspberries.

Pour into a brownie tin and bake for 45 mins at 150 oC

Calories per serving: 138

For the applesauce: Core and stew two granny smith apples in 500ml water, add juice of one lemon and 1 tbsp sugar, mash and simmer until reduced to a thicker consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment