Saturday, 8 December 2012

My 2013 food challenge

I have been thinking long and hard about a food challenge to set myself. Photographing what i eat seemed a bit 2012 and I know people who have done it so well I feel I cannot compete.

So, thinking about my propensity to get quite safe with foods (or should i say, discover something new then eat it at nauseum until i can no longer stand it) and the Japanese belief that a minimum of thirty ingredients a day is the best means to a healthy body I have set myself the following challenge, which may seem small but will take some work- on the all too frequent occasions I eat out, to not order the same thing twice in a year.

The aim of this is, firstly to try and ensure that I discover more new places to eat but also to expand my pallet a bit more. Some of these changes shall be quite boring but some will undoubtedly yield some delicious (and healthy) discoveries.

I am still trying to decide what my home cooking challenge will be as in the last 18 months or so I have developed my repertoire and my ability to successfully experiment with foods quite considerably.

So here's to a slightly more diverse 2013 and some more reviewing and hopefully exciting homecooked blog posts to come.

I will keep this updated on @healthyhearty twitter feed with #challenge2013 as the tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment