Monday, 31 December 2012

Banana and Cinnamon Pancakes

Returning back to London from Hampshire I was faced with an ill-equipped fridge and an equally uninspiring cupboard of food.  I needed a snack, not a meal (for I have been promised a Tapas-filled New Year) and having eaten my weight over and again in the last week, the dregs of Christmas Sweets did not really appeal (this is also because I am unable really to run at the moment which leaves me grumpy and mildly paranoid about weight gain).

The contents of my cupboards and fridge included low-fat cheese, ginger paste, lentils and a couple of over-ripe bananas and some eggs so I went to googling and found a recipe for Banana Pancakes made using just four ingredients, all of which were in my cupboard so here goes (original recipe with better photos than I got can be found here).

Ingredients:
1 Ripe Banana
2 Eggs
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Essence

Method:
Mash the bananas up and break eggs over the top, then add cinnamon and vanilla essence.

Mix until smooth.

Put a small bit of oil or frylight into a pan and cook the pancakes until brown.

Calories per serving: 240.


No comments:

Post a Comment