Thursday, 11 October 2012

Cookie Time

When I first gained weight, my love of baking played an unfortunate part in that.  Now as part of my mission to stay trim, baking will too play a large part.  I for one can never resist a sweet treat but to stay on track I need to get innovative with how I can make delicious, low fat and low(er) calorie treats.  These cookies are low fat and the vegetable of choice could easily be substituted for Pumpkin or Carrot.  As with the raspberry and elderflower cupcakes which I wrote about in August, the texture of these is slightly different to that of regular cookies, however they are still delicious and hit the spot!  This recipe is one of my own, I have adjusted the quantities slightly of sugar as this batch were a tad sweet.

Ingredients (Makes 10 giant cookies)
200g Butternut Squash
225g Ground Rice (or rice flour)
75g Ground Almonds
175g Caster Sugar
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
30g Porridge Oats
1 Egg
30g Sultanas
2 tbsp Cinnamon

Method

Boil the Butternut Squash, mash and leave to cool.  Mix the dry ingredients and then whisk in the egg.  Split the mixture into 10 large balls and then place on greaseproof paper on a baking sheet.  Cook for 25 mins at 180 oC.

Calories per serving: 238 (this may seem high but its much lower than shop bought giant cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment